Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I was a bit nervous last week when all things REO, were once again removed from the house.
 I watched the human putting them into the car.
 This usually means that  we're going somewhere to take care of new dog friends.
The next morning, I got to wear my traveling collars. I have TWO of those.  
One is a bright hunter type orange color; and it has big black writing on it.  
I only wear this one, when we go on long trips.  
The other collar was a gifty from my Montana auntie, Christiane. Its multicolored, and sparkly.  Every one smiles at me when I wear that collar. 
Even people that are just passing by us in their cars, smile.
 I try to look as cute as I can be, so they will smile more. It's a Newfie thing to do.
I had a hard time to even remember to say goodbye  to my friends, once the collars were on.
 I stood by the gate. and waited. I didn't want to get left behind. 
 I know my human loves me, but sometimes I remember the first part of my life, and get worried.  
I'll tell you about my airplane trip one day.
I had a hard time to remember how to get in my car safely; especially when my S.D. auntie insisted that the luxurious bed go along with me. I love this bed.  Once in the car,I was so comfortable.
And then, my human told me where we were going.  They were names that I remembered. 
Finley, My Newfie Girfriend   she's a Landseer, just like me.

Samson  with his beautiful blue eyes
BearBear , my human says that he's not feeling well so I will be very careful


and Charlie aka Chuck,,, the undog

 

AND

my Colorado humans. Aunti, Jon, Emily and Allison.
in  other words... Doggie Heaven on earth.
It was such a hot day.. much hotter than was expected. My human got me a block of ice to lie next to, since my fan and the A/C was not working.  I had lots of shade all day. My human was in the sunshine the entire 13 hour trip.  We had lots of water and ice cubes to eat.
I knew the moment that we were within a mile of their house. I roo rooed and woofed my greetings.  Human and I were so tired, but we arrived safely.
I got to visit with all  my friends, and have dinner at their house . and then we slept  for  a long sleep.

Here I am, with my Colorado friends.
 My human has an owie on her finger again.
 There's a hard white thingy on it this time. But she's ouching less and typing more. 
 I'm sure that she'll  have lots to report on my behalf.
She wasn't able to draw, or paint or type much the past few weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Wonderful picture of you with your Colorado friends!!! It is so wonderful to hear from you again. I know your puppy friend will miss you and will be so happy whenever you drive into her and her brother's driveway and woof "Hello!!!". But for now, you get to be a mountain girl and have some different adventures as the weather cools and your mommy's finger heals ... Love ya, sweet girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reo, you are behaving so well and taking such great care of your mama.
    How exciting to smell those great friendly scents!
    I know it was hard to leave your other buddy behind, but this traveling thing is something only the very special dogs get to experience. Thank you for sharing it with us who see the same things (and smell the same smells) over and over.

    ReplyDelete

when leaving a comment ... Please Be kind, generous and graceful.