Monday, July 22, 2013

Newfoundland Musings for a relatively QUIET, Monday.

Ahhh, today was a nice day..Everyone is HERE, with me.. my world is RIGHT.  I still had to stress lick my foot, cause mom shut a door so as not to disrupt anyone while she was drying some paint with a hair dryer.  HOW??? was I ??to know??? that it was nothing to be alarmed about??

 I am, as you may have guessed a bit sensitive?I DO, like it when everything and body is accounted for, settled and available to scratch my head.

 Although I must say, that when my human sets to painting for hours on end, I try to be the bestest and most quietest dog. Sometimes when I peek through my eyelids (checking for holes) I 'll see that there are new dogs hangin in our room. Today, a Husky arrived...and a new brown newfie head, and lemme see ,, hold on lemme go look...  OK role call... 3 cocker spaniels  , 4 newf puppies, 1 husky so far, but there's room for two more, and there's a newf and a cat. REALLY mom, a CAT?  and there's also a mat with some dog bones on it. That one looks yummy..  and then there's the other stuff  that she works with.  Not paint. Those long sticks.. they make a sort of scratchy noise if i listen really closely. My human is the quietest when she works on those.. she likes to listen to that box in the living room while she does those. 
I never bother her when she's working.. except maybe to let her know that Maggie is barking.
NO, she doesn't live here with us.. she lives on the other side of the fence. But she could be letting us know of important neighborhood news.  WOOF,   IT could be important! WOOFWOOFWOOF  Or there might be a some people passing by. ?  Are trying to figure out where I live?
I MUST, bark at the window.??RIGHT?? AH ROOOO ROOOOO ROOOO... Sometimes after I stop barking I can  hear the human muttering those special words, followed by my name, really loud, and well, you can imagine the rest...

Did I mention that I"m the bestest,most quietest, helpful Newfoundland..
Somedays, I"m even DEMURE!.

I was going to tell you all about Jonesy,going to school for his exam, but i need his human, Liz, to help me to tell it.  and I think that he brought something home in his bag.. it looks purple.. He said it was a ribbon, but I don't know what that means.. Maybe after dinner, Liz and Jonesy will help me tell their tale.  I was so lonely, and missed them so much.

I'm glad that the exams are over..

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Reo! It's so nice to meet you and thanks for joining the hop today! You are one gorgeous Newfie!
    It sounds like your Mom was quite busy working on her things! Good thing you were able to peek in on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. the human thinks that I'm pretty cute most days...

      Delete
  2. I wish I could hear you singing. I bet you have a lovely voice.
    Excuse me, but you have me concerned. There are dogs HANGING in your mom's special room? That would make one want to bark! Especially a newf HEAD.
    Or if you meant hanging out, like a party, then I hope she would not expect you to be quiet.
    (I am still concerned about the brown newf head.)
    And she would provide real treat bones, not those pictures on a foam mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO, pawty here.. Shes been working like a fiend... and yours truly has not gotten very many treats.. I know that she has them somewhere. and yes, there are still some dogs hanging. these are a different sort though. the big one, with the four newf puppies on it, are gone now.. so is the one with a GSD and a golden and st francis,.. but there are still a few here..

    ReplyDelete

when leaving a comment ... Please Be kind, generous and graceful.